Historic buildings have stood the test of time. As an experienced restoration and preservation company, Wilson-Covington Construction Company takes the time to revive historic properties with the patience and special care they deserve. This has included preservation, restoration, and adaptive reuse of commercial and residential properties.
For decades, Wilson-Covington has relished the challenges and rewards of historic restoration. The firm has worked with customers as diverse as museums, churches and individual homeowners. Through his longtime personal involvement with historic preservation organizations, Owner and Executive Vice-President Hayes Wauford has solidly demonstrated his passion for preserving the history of our country’s earliest years.
Wilson-Covington is prepared to craft new items to duplicate period architectural features such as shutters, molding, millwork and wainscoting or any other details needed for a project. The company uses experienced subcontractors who are resourceful at placing wiring, ductwork, switches and plugs for modern computers, phones, appliances and HVAC – yet concealing them, to the degree possible, in a way that honors period decor.
Our staff is courteous and diligent about communicating with customers during every step of the process. We have the expertise necessary to work effectively with local inspectors, trying whenever possible to anticipate special challenges and address them appropriately.
Contact us today to see how we can restore and revive your historic property!
- Lloyd Presbyterian Church (winner of the 2011 Heritage Award- Institutional Category by Preserve Historic Forsyth)
- Elmwood Plantation, Oxford, NC. 1805 timber-framed home. Winner of the 2013 Gertrude S. Carraway Award for Merit, Preservation North Carolina
- Historic Bethabara Palisade Fort Reconstruction. 1753 French & Indian War Fort. Winner of the 2013 Minnette C. Duffy Award for Landscape Preservation, Preservation North Carolina and the 2013 Preserve Historic Forsyth Preservation Award for Cultural Landscape
- Korner’s Folly, Kernersville, NC. Winner of the 2013 Preserve Historic Forsyth Preservation Award, Institutional Category and the 2015 Preservation North Carolina Gertrude S. Caraway Award for Merit
- 2015 Historic Reuse of the 1917 Swift Meat Packing Building for Krankies Coffee, restaurant, bar, music venue and coffee roaster in Winston-Salem, NC